[Rspamd-Users] Raspberry Pi 64 bit Bullseye rspamd package

Odhiambo Washington odhiambo at gmail.com
Sat Jan 14 09:36:22 UTC 2023

On Sat, Jan 14, 2023 at 11:57 AM Martin Brampton via Users <
users at lists.rspamd.com> wrote:

> Thanks Ged. Am I to conclude that attempting to run rspamd on Raspberry
> Pi is crazy? It's certainly cost me quite a lot of hassle so far.

I was following this thread and with the response from @Haywood, I was able
to install
rspamd on my Pi4B in less than 10 minutes. Where is the hassle coming from?
Usually reading the
documentation is never a hassle. Failing to read the documentation (which
we all don't most of the time
until we get stuck) is ineptitude :-)

> That would seem a pity as an 8gb RPi is quite powerful enough to run a
> mail server for a small group of people, and much cheaper than any
> practical alternative.

What is the lamentation about, surely? You can run a mail server on a Pi4.
I installed iredmail <https://www.iredmail.org/> on my
Pi4B (4GB) in about 20 minutes.

> Why the hostility to Debian packages - most software in Debian repos is
> very robust.

If the developers say something, the only way to disobey them is to fork
the project and run it as you wish.
I am sure they know why they have given that warning.

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,