[Rspamd-Users] packaging 3.0 with libfmt and libfu2

Petr Vaněk arkamar at atlas.cz
Sat Aug 21 10:23:44 UTC 2021

Hi,

On Fri, Aug 20, 2021 at 08:53:44PM +0200, Michael Ströder via Users wrote:
> HI!
>
> It seems two new libs are shipped with 3.0 sources: libfmt and libfu2.
>
> What are recommendations for downstream packaging? Use the libfmt and
> libfu2 from the Linux distro? Or prefer to statically build the libs
> shipped with rspamd 3.0?
>
> I'm asking because I'm trying to update the openSUSE packages. Build
> works just fine but installation of the package fails with
>
> Problem: nothing provides 'libfmt.so.7()(64bit)' needed by the to be
> installed rspamd-3.0-35.1.x86_64

I have the same problem with libfmt in Gentoo.

> Which -D arguments should I use when invoking cmake and why?

There is currently non, but I just have sent PR
https://github.com/rspamd/rspamd/pull/3855 which introduces one.

Gentoo prefers to use system libraries and to avoid bundled dependencies
if possible.  https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Why_not_bundle_dependencies

Petr