[Rspamd-Users] How to test configuration within a contained dev environment?

Alexander Moisseev moiseev at mezonplus.ru
Mon Sep 14 07:34:35 UTC 2020

13.09.2020 21:11, David Reagan пишет:
> The issue is that Rspamd, by design I believe, does not filter (or maybe just doesn't add the headers?) email sent by authenticated users. So every message I send is marked as clean.

Yes, it doesn't add extended headers:
https://rspamd.com/doc/modules/milter_headers.html#scan-results-exposure-prevention

You can change this behavior using extended_headers_rcpt:
https://rspamd.com/doc/modules/milter_headers.html#extended_headers_rcpt-162

> Since this is a fake environment, living in a vm, I can't send email to it from outside.
>
> Is there a way to override this behavior and make Rspamd treat authenticated user email the same it would external email?
>
> Is there a better way to test things?

I would remove the sender IP from local_addrs if it is there and send test emails without authentication as Rspamd skips some checks for authenticated senders.
Depending on you requirements you may need to send test messages through another postfix instance to simulate an additional hop.