[Rspamd-Users] How to test configuration within a contained dev environment?

David Reagan me at davidreagan.net
Sun Sep 13 18:11:27 UTC 2020

Hey all,

I'm currently working on building a self contained development
environment that I can use to test various email related settings,
without having to set up a real domain, with real dns entries, on a live
server.

So I've implemented my own instance of bind, and successfully got
dovecot and postfix working. My next step is to get spam filtering
working. Hence Rspamd.

The issue is that Rspamd, by design I believe, does not filter (or maybe
just doesn't add the headers?) email sent by authenticated users. So
every message I send is marked as clean.

Since this is a fake environment, living in a vm, I can't send email to
it from outside.

Is there a way to override this behavior and make Rspamd treat
authenticated user email the same it would external email?

Is there a better way to test things?

Thanks in advance. :)

- David Reagan