[Rspamd-Users] Antivirus possible actions

Martin Brampton martin at black-sheep-research.com
Thu Oct 29 15:26:40 UTC 2020

On 29/10/2020 13:35, Carsten Rosenberg wrote:
> On 29.10.20 13:54, Martin Brampton via Users wrote:
>> On 22/10/2020 10:08, J. Echter wrote:
>>> https://rspamd.com/doc/configuration/metrics.html

>> Hmm, I thought that solved the matter. But if I set the action in
>> antivirus.conf to "discard" then the email is delivered and shows in the
>> rspamd history as a normal email. If I set it to "discard" it isn't
>> delivered, and it shows as "reject" in the rspamd history. So discard
>> seems not to work in this context.
>
> The only possible option here is "reject". Maybe the option name is a
> bit misleading here.
>
> If you really want to discard viruses (I would always reject them
> pre-queue), you could enable the discard action and use the force_action
> plugin.
>
> https://rspamd.com/doc/configuration/metrics.html
> https://rspamd.com/doc/modules/force_actions.html
>
> --
>
> Carsten

Thanks, I don't really want to spend time on more than simple
configuration options. The reason for starting this query was that
"reject" can result in the mail relay that transferred the bad email
referring it to senders and/or relay manager. I don't see emails with
viruses at all often, so maybe I'll just accept that.