[Rspamd-Users] What is "temporarily rejected" on Throughput page?

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Thu Aug 29 16:37:38 UTC 2019

Alexander Moisseev via Users wrote on Thu, 29 Aug 2019 19:05:47 +0300:

> "Temporarily rejected" means 'soft reject' for any other reason except
> greylisting, e.g. rate limiting, explicit action set by user in Force
> Actions module or in Lua script, etc.

I see. But it's the same action, right? Just different reasons.
Thanks!

> Can you suggest a better name? Or/and maybe hint text for that action in WebUI?

The name is ok once you know the difference ;-)
Maybe name it "soft rejected", that makes it clearer to which action it
corresponds. Or "Temporarily rejected (soft reject)", if that is not too long.
"soft reject" finds several good locations on rspamd.com documentation.

> By the way, time intervals on the Throughput page are historically
> named as "hourly/daily/weekly/monthly".
> Wouldn't it better to rename them to "by day/by week/by month/by year"?

I didn't recognize that, but you are right, "by ..." seems to be more
appropriate.

Kai