[Rspamd-Users] Contact form emails always go to spam

Tim Harman tim at muppetz.com
Wed Aug 14 19:00:51 UTC 2019

On 14/08/2019 10:50 pm, Martin Brampton via Users wrote:
> Hi
>
> I think this has probably been raised before, but I haven't been able
> to find a complete solution.
>
> Mail from a contact form can't sensibly be sent from the email address
> of the person making contact, so the common practice is to send from
> the web site (or similar) with a reply-to of the person making
> contact.
>
> By default rspamd applies a 6 point penalty, which forces mail to
> spam. This seems to happen even if the sending domain is whitelisted.
>
> The 6 point penalty seems excessive, but I cannot find a robust way to
> change it. I'd be grateful for advice.
>
> Best regards, Martin

It is very hard to help you as you don't provide any logs, don't even
tell us which rule is firing to score you 6 points, nor give any
configuration you tried to whitelist the domain.

My one suggestion in the absence of any useful information is to ensure
the sending domain has DMARC setup and is passing, and in rspamd to add
the domain the DMARC whitelist, giving you a -7 rule trigger.

Tim