[Rspamd-Users] Autolearn BAYES does not want to work

christian usenet at schani.com
Wed Jun 26 18:24:15 UTC 2024

Hello Gerald,

yes, I've always had problems with BAYES autolearn.

It "worked" for a while, but I'm not quite sure what it does. The
weirdest things happen.

I tried your suggestion
autolearn = [-0.5, 4];
That type of entry doesn't work for me at all.

This is how I've got it working now:

learn_condition = 'return require("lua_bayes_learn").can_learn';
autolearn = true;
autolearn {
   spam_threshold = 6.0;
   junk_threshold = 4.0;
   ham_threshold = -0.5;
   check_balance = true;
   min_balance = 0.95;
}

1. But it's still not clear when an incoming email is automatically
classified as spam or ham. Does it matter whether pre-filter is used in
multimap? Can you also set the learning somehow by hand, for example if
you set autolearn = True in a multimap in Whitelist_Domain. So
everything that is white listed is automatically learned.

2. It is not possible to control what is contained in the redis
database. Is there a way to edit and adjust this? Wouldn't MySQL be
better? I don't have that many emails.

3. I set the lifetime of BAYES entries in classifier-bayes.conf to 20
days and waited until the 20 days had passed. Now I have reduced the
time to 10 days, but no older entries are deleted from the database.

Repeated spam that has RBL, Fuzzy, Neural, Multimap, SPF, DKIM entries
and a score of +40 is still marked as BAYES ham.

It looks as if only the content of an email, without headers, is used
for the BAYES evaluation. Or can this still be adjusted?

Christian