[Rspamd-Users] A question about known_senders module

Gerald Galster list+rspamd at gcore.biz
Mon Jul 15 19:56:06 UTC 2024

> With the release of 3.9 and the changes to the known_senders and replies module, I wanted to take a look at enabling known_senders (I already was using replies)
>
> But, the docs [1] leave me with something of a question, namely the domains setting.
>
> Am I understanding it correctly that all senders on all domains found in the file will have the symbol_check_mail_global symbol added?

I understand it this way:

Some user at gmail.com sends an email to you, the content is legit and you reply.
This sender is then considered legitimate as you would not reply to spammers.
On further mails a symbol like INC_MAIL_KNOWN_GLOBALLY is set, to help with
separating the good and the bad guys for domains with millions of users.

Now rspamd has verified information about two addresses actively communicating,
never mind who initiates a new conversation. The chance these mails are not
spam is very high, even if you receive spam from other @gmail.com users (those
spammers don't have INC_MAIL_KNOWN_GLOBALLY set). If they stop communicating
for more than max_ttl, rspamd forgets this information.

Best regards,
Gerald