[Rspamd-Users] phpmail() generated mail is not signed regardless of sign_local=true

Albrecht Backhaus albrecht.backhaus at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 11:47:46 UTC 2024

>> DKIM - signatures are only added, when you use SMTP -
>> authentification ( the DKIM - feature would be pretty useless, if
>> there would be no authentification at all ...)
>
> That seems to be not quite the case. It is also added to mails
> submitted via sendmail, just not to mails submitted through the
> mechanism that php's mail() uses, whatever it is . The mails I am
> concerned about do originate from a local user on the server
> (www-data), so there would be no reason not to authenticate it as
> coming from this server's fdqn. Or am I missing something?

That question is not easy to answer without knowing more about the
complete setting. What kind of mail server do you use etc. ....

I personally would never assume that there is no reason to authenticate
local email, only because the sender is "saying - I am
"www-data.domain.tld".

I am sure that there are suitable plugins for wordpress which are able
to use smtp-auth - another workaround could be to use a function to do
the same.

Regards, Albrecht