[Rspamd-Users] phpmail() generated mail is not signed regardless of sign_local=true

Albrecht Backhaus albrecht.backhaus at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 10:19:18 UTC 2024

> As the subject says, I notice that mail generated by the phpmail
> function (mostly by wordpress) is not being signed regardless of the
> value of sign_local. Why is that?  As of lately, google rejects any
> unsigned mail, so this is a nuissance.
>
> Does anyone have an idea why that is?

I had a similar problem once in the past. Maybe your phpmail script is
not using SMTP authentification on your "rspamd-powered" mail-server.

DKIM - signatures are only added, when you use SMTP - authentification (
the DKIM - feature would be pretty useless, if there would be no
authentification at all ...)

Regards, Albrecht