[Rspamd-Users] cannot parse resolv.conf and no nameservers defined, so no ways to resolve addresses

Gerald Galster list+rspamd at gcore.biz
Sun Jan 21 17:45:44 UTC 2024

> what could be the problem with my
>
> mail ~ # more /etc/rspamd/local.d/options.inc
> dns {
>  nameserver = ["127.0.0.1"];
> }
>
> resulting in error
>
> cannot parse resolv.conf and no nameservers defined, so no ways to resolve addresses

My guess is that /etc/resolv.conf does not exist or is malformed.

Your options.inc's sytax is correct and does work on my installation
even with all entries in /etc/resolv.conf commented out - but the file
/etc/resolv.conf must exist.

Generally it is sufficient to configure nameservers in /etc/resolv.conf
which rspamd will use. Only set dns in options.inc if you want rspamd
to query specific/non-default nameservers or special use cases (fallback/hash):
https://rspamd.com/doc/faq.html#resolver-setup

Best regards,
Gerald