[Rspamd-Users] cannot parse resolv.conf and no nameservers defined, so no ways to resolve addresses

G.W. Haywood rspamd at jubileegroup.co.uk
Sun Jan 21 16:23:02 UTC 2024

Hi there,

On Sun, 21 Jan 2024, Tino Hendricks wrote:

> what could be the problem with my
>
> mail ~ # more /etc/rspamd/local.d/options.inc
> dns {
>  nameserver = ["127.0.0.1"];
> }
>
> resulting in error
>
> cannot parse resolv.conf and no nameservers defined, so no ways to resolve addresses
>
> I literally copied the entry from https://rspamd.com/doc/faq.html#resolver-setup
> So typo might not be the case here.

What led you to make this configuration change?

How did rspamd behave before the change?

There could be a few reasons for your problem (and there will be
people far more experience than I with making configuration changes
for rspamd).  Do you have a file in the directory /etc/ called
"resolv.conf"?  If so *exactly* what's in it?

The configuration for rspamd is rather complex.  Changes you make
might not always do what you think they do.  Have you tried to use the
'rspamadm configdump' command to see what your changes actually did?

Because handling mail makes use of DNS extensively, rspamd may be a bit
fussy about name resolution.  You do have a working resolver on the box?

--

73,
Ged.