[Rspamd-Users] Regexp rules in maps or somewhere else

G.W. Haywood rspamd at jubileegroup.co.uk
Sat Sep 30 14:03:38 UTC 2023

Hi there,

On Sat, 30 Sep 2023, Peter Reinhold wrote:
> On 2023-09-30 10:32, G.W. Haywood via Users wrote:
>> On Sat, 30 Sep 2023, Peter Reinhold wrote:
>>
>>> ... I would like to be able to add, delete and modify these rules a bit
>>> easier than editing a textfile and reloading rspamd.
>>
>> Could you describe what would be a bit easier for you?
>>
>> For example are you thinking of something with a GUI?
>
> I'm mostly looking for functionality that mimics a map, something that rspamd
> automatically reloads when it changes, be it a file, web, database or ...

I'm not sure that I understand what you mean by functionality that
mimics a map.  If this is not just about automatic reload, can you
please elaborate?

I'm not sure I understand why automatic reload would be so important
to you, but if I wanted to arrange that for anything I'd set up a cron
job which ran every X minutes and checked the timestamp(s) on any file
which might need to be reloaded.  If it found a timestamp younger than
(for example to avoid race conditions) X+2 minutes old, then run the
reload command and sleep for three minutes.  It can log errors etc. as
well - this is roughly the sort of thing I do with Yara rules.

Would something like that be acceptable?

--

73,
Ged.