[Rspamd-Users] update issue on Debian 10

Vsevolod Stakhov vsevolod at rspamd.com
Mon Mar 20 08:41:22 UTC 2023

On 20/03/2023 07:20, Miroslav Šebek via Users wrote:
> I understand the thing about EOL but on the other hand there is standard
> Debian LTS support which is the reason some of us use debian for
> servers. And most of us update Debian servers 1+ years after new stable
> is released.
>
> I dont want to be rude or anything but the thing which confuses me the
> most in this case is that package requirements for rspamd on Debian 11
> are different from those for Debian 10.
>
> Deb10 needs: libunwind-16
>
> Deb11 needs: libunwind8 /completely fine in debian repos even on Deb10/

Gcc in Debian 11 can build Rspamd and libstdc++ from Debian 11 is
compatible with the modern C++. This is not the case for Debian 10, and
that's the main issue. Libunwind-16 comes from llvm libc++.
Unfortunately, in this case Rspamd cannot be linked with hyperscan, as
hyperscan uses libstdc++. So there is just no good solution for Debian
10 (aside of building hyperscan from the sources and linking it with
libc++ from llvm). You can try to compile Rspamd on your own, no doubts,
but I think you'll struggle with the same issues.