[Rspamd-Users] Custom rules: score is added but has no effect

Gerald Galster list+rspamd at gcore.biz
Fri Apr 14 20:28:10 UTC 2023

>> It should be rejected with 50+ hitpoints. How many do you get now?
> It got only 10.

Have the scores been changed via webui? That can override config files.

>> Check your logs or mail header which rules trigger.
>> Perhaps you have set action = "reject" elsewhere?
> Good point!  But I doublechecked and found no rules with "reject".
>
> Uhmm, and doesn't this message (to the sender):
>>> SMTP error from remote server for TEXT command, host: xxx.yyy.de
>>> (aa.bb.cc.dd) reason: 554 5.7.1 Matched map: KARIBU_BLACKLIST_TO_RCPT
> mean that the reason for the rejection was my rule KARIBU_BLACKLIST_TO_RCPT ?
> But at that point in time it did not contain any "action" setting.

Perhaps it was cached? See files in /var/lib/rspamd/...
Search the map filename in rspamd.log and restart rspamd after changes
or wait until they are picked up.

What happens with action = accept, is it accepted then?
If so you're at the right place in your config.

>> Action is usually used in prefilter context to stop further processing.
>> Just don't set it if you don't need it to get default behaviour (that means
>> thresholds from local.d/actions.conf apply).
> Okay, thanks.  That's how I read the documentation and it's exactly the
> behaviour I'd like to have.
>
> Well, I'll play around some more with all the settings.

Check your config with "rspamadm configdump".

Best regards,
Gerald