[Rspamd-Users] Automatically report spammers' email/IP adresses to blocklists

G.W. Haywood rspamd at jubileegroup.co.uk
Sat Oct 29 12:33:56 UTC 2022

Hi there,

On Fri, 28 Oct 2022, Anna “CyberTailor” via Users wrote:

> I want my server to contribute to blocklists. ...

In the absence of any other reply to you, perhaps we should talk.

For the past few years I've been developing a system, which eventually
I want to publish, for exactly this purpose.  It's been working here
reliably for some time.  It still has a lot of rough edges, and at the
moment it's very bloated, but that can all be improved of course.

The objects of the exercise are to make the thing work automatically,
and effectively to crowd-source the data.  I'm thinking ipfs storage
eventually, but that's conjecture.  At the moment it's Postgres, and
the data source is a single, low-volume MTA.

The automatic bit has largely been achieved.  A small percentage of
the reports still gets a precautionary manual lookover before being
sent because I *really* don't want to spam the report recipients.

The crowd-sourcing starts here.

What's your MTA?  This system makes much use of a milter (on-the-fly
database accesses for example) which will only work with Sendmail or
Postfix.  I'm not even 100% sure about Postfix.  People *have* used
the bare (pure Perl) milter interface with Postfix[*] but the milters
which I've written have only ever been used with Sendmail.

[*] https://metacpan.org/dist/Sendmail-PMilter

Assuming no MTA issues, would you be interested in doing some testing,
and maybe letting me have some feedback?  By all means send mail to me
privately, it probably won't be accepted but I will see it. :)

What volume of mail do you handle?

--

73,
Ged.