[Rspamd-Users] ham/spam classification via forward

Jürgen Echter j.echter at echter-kuechen-elektro.de
Sun Jun 5 20:22:53 UTC 2022

Am Sonntag, Juni 05, 2022 09:11 CEST, schrieb lutz.niederer at gmx.net:

> Hi,
>
> we know that we are able to classify mail as ham or spam by moving it from one imap folder to another and notifying rspamd about that.
> There was the idea of forwarding that mail to specific mailboxes to classify them as ham or spam (and delete after that).  This should technically be no problem.
> But in this case the headers are quite new, the sender is another one.  We are not sure if the system will learn by that, that the forwarding person is a spammer or hammer.  And this would not be the original spammer or hammer.
> What do we get if we implement this?  Does it make sense?
>
> Thanks,
> -lutzn

Hi,

who decides what is spam and what is ham before forwarding?

What do you want to achieve with this?

If your users still sort the mails in spam / ham folder you could do something similar to this:

https://rspamd.com/doc/tutorials/feedback_from_users_with_IMAPSieve.html

adopted to your usecase.

I guess it's not the best idea to forward the mails by another user.

Greetings

Juergen