[Rspamd-Users] Spamtrap

G.W. Haywood rspamd at jubileegroup.co.uk
Tue Aug 30 10:13:32 UTC 2022

Hi there,

On Tue, 30 Aug 2022, users-rspamd131020--- via Users wrote:

> How should one configure postfix so that rspamd's spamtrap is working? I guess if configure some mail addresses let's say in file://$LOCAL_CONFDIR/local.d/maps.d/spamtrap.map and they are not existing in the view of postfix (Recipient address rejected: User unknown;) then the spamtrap is not really working, right?
>
> Should I create some aliases of the spamtrap mail addresses and send the mail to /dev/null or what's the recommendation for the postfix config for spamtraps?

I don't know anything about how Postfix would deal with this but it's
more or less what I do with Sendmail - although I force Sendmail to
accept *any* recipient address, and then look for spamtrap addresses
in a milter.  This is so that I can grab the offending mail message,
analyze it, drop it into a database and put it into an abuse report.

One thing to watch out for if you do anything like this is that you
won't want to RELAY mail for random addresses back out to the world.

--

73,
Ged.