[Rspamd-Users] Could someone please review my first steps?

lutz.niederer at gmx.net lutz.niederer at gmx.net
Wed Aug 24 14:36:15 UTC 2022

Hi Ged,

thanks for your answer.

First I would like to say that outgoing mail will be scanned for viruses!  On the inner postfix!

There have been many thoughts about having only one mail server and no DMZ for mail.  There have even ben some thoughts about virtualizing pfSense on that machine.  Yes, this would make things much more easy.  And postfix is very mature and secure.  But the decision was made to separate things.  This is like the setup that ran for years, but outside and hosted on two other machines.  As there are two different lines coming in and the backup MX was nearly never used because of HW/SW failures but only because of network problems the decision was made to self-host them and have one MX only, but to still draw a line between intern and extern.  (Maybe this will change in future.)

Traditionally two virus scanners are used.  This should stay like it was.  But regarding the blacklists, there was always some uncertainty which one to use.  For this setup spamhaus, abusix and spamcop will be used.  As whitelists dnswl and mailspike will be used.  If you have an advice or better setup with scores, I would be happy to get your suggestions.

Cheers!
-lutzn