[Rspamd-Users] rspamd with clamav and clamav-unofficial-sigs from Sanesecurity

G.W. Haywood rspamd at jubileegroup.co.uk
Thu Nov 25 11:32:19 UTC 2021

Hi there,

On Thu, 25 Nov 2021, Andreas Wass - Glas Gasperlmair wrote:

> clamscan --debug 2>&1 > /dev/null | grep "loaded"

Can you explain exactly what you're trying to do there?

> But when it comes to testing with your signatures from:
> https://sanesecurity.com/support/signature-testing/
>
> No of this 3 Testmails are blocked

In the ClamAV toolkit there are two executables which have very
similar names but which behave very differently.  The names are
'clamscan' and 'clamdscan'.  It often causes confusion.  If you want
to use the clamd daemon (as I guessed you will for scanning mail) then
the tool to use with it is clamdscan, not clamscan.  You'll find a lot
more information in the online documentation and the 'man' pages.  If
you have first made sure that the clamd daemon is running, then you
can use the clamdscan tool to scan things with the clamd daemon.  That
will at least tell you if clamd itself is doing what you think it is.
Or, indeed, anything at all.  You can set up logging to record amongst
other things what clamd does when you feed it with data.

--

73,
Ged.