[Rspamd-Users] Why threr are two DCC implementations

Johann Neuhauser johann at it-neuhauser.de
Mon Jan 25 20:39:18 UTC 2021

> > Dear rspamd users,
> >
> > I wonder what the difference is between the two DCC implementations [0] and [1] and why there is not just one of them.
> > The [0] is configured througt local.d/dcc.conf and [1] is configured through local.d/external_services.conf.
> > Why do we need both of them or which one should i prefer to use?
> >
> > Regards, Johann
> >
> > [0] https://github.com/rspamd/rspamd/blob/master/src/plugins/lua/dcc.lua
> > [1] https://github.com/rspamd/rspamd/blob/master/lualib/lua_scanners/dcc.lua
> >

> One is a library component and one is a plugin. I'm not sure what is
> unclear here.
Sorry, but I do not understand the difference.
Can you explain what the difference is or have a link that explains the difference of a library component and a plugin?
I have my dcc-client running with a Unix socket and my observation is that I can detect bulk messages with the library component and/or with the plugin.
Both does work in almost the same way.

Regards, Johann