[Rspamd-Users] Call for testing: Rspamd 2.5 RC 1

Vsevolod Stakhov vsevolod at rspamd.com
Thu Mar 26 10:05:49 UTC 2020

Hello,

This is the first call for testing for Rspamd upcoming release. I plan
to do such a calls regularly to improve the quality of the releases and
to ensure that all users do not experience any troubles during upgrade.

Therefore, I have decided to mark the current experimental release as
the first release candidate for 2.5. There are no breaking changes and I
have tested this release in many environments so upgrade to it should be
not more risky than an upgrade to any stable release.

So the package version I call to test for is the following:

rspamd-2.5-151.gitb020e80f6

Please switch to the rolling/experimental packages to test it in your
environment. You can switch back once 2.5 is finally released. I do not
plan to introduce any slashing changes till the final 2.5 release so
please report any findings you have before the release. That's the main
goal of this release candidate.

You can find that the first start of Rspamd will take more time than
usually (around 10-30 seconds). That is intended as Rspamd has to
recompile some of the url pattern matchers. Unfortunately that was
inevitable. It will not happen on subsequent restarts nor to the
subsequent updates (including update to the release).