[Rspamd-Users] Troubleshooting a delivery problem

Phil Stracchino phils at caerllewys.net
Sat Jul 11 22:57:46 UTC 2020

My gmail account redirects to a local account on my own mailserver.  It
is racking up vast numbers of delivery failure notices, which it tries
to forward to me, which bounce causing a delivery failure notice, which
it tries to forward to me, which bounces causing a delivery failure
notice, which it tries to forward...

Delivery is failing with a milter rejection.  Example:

Jul 11 17:50:54 minbar postfix/cleanup[4796]: 708AB40379A09:
milter-reject: END-OF-MESSAGE from
mail-lj1-f176.google.com[209.85.208.176]: 5.7.1 Spam message rejected;
from=<alareikhs.gothemund+caf_=phils=caerllewys.net at gmail.com>
to=<phils at caerllewys.net> proto=ESMTP helo=<mail-lj1-f176.google.com>

I narrowed the rejection down to dspam, which is scoring the delivery
failure notice 18.88/15, with the following symbols:

ARC_REJECT, BAYES_SPAM, DKIM_TRACE, DMARC_POLICY_REJE,
DWL_DNSWL_BLOCKED, HAS_REPLYTO, MIME_BASE64_TEXT, MIME_MA_MISSING_TEXT,
R_DKIM_REJECT, R_SPF_ALLOW, RCVD_COUNT_THREE, REPLYTO_DN_EQ_FROM_DN,
SEM_URIBL_FRESH15_UNKNOWN_FAIL, TO_DN_NONE, URI_COUNT_ODD

I figure I can fix this with a whitelist override entry.  But what I
really want to whitelist is messages from googlemail.com or google.com
containing the string "There was a problem delivering your message to".
 How can I add that string to a whitelist ruleset?

For that matter, what's the correct syntax for a
$LOCAL_CONFDIR/override.d/whitelist.conf file?  Nothing I've tried
works.  If I include an outer 'whitelist { }' as the documentation seems
to say, it is rejected because of a nested whitelist.  If I don't, I get
errors telling me that symbols WHITELIST_SPF, BLACKLIST_DMARC etc have
scores defined but no corresponding rule registered.

--
  Phil Stracchino
  Babylon Communications
  phils at caerllewys.net