[Rspamd-Users] How to configure rspamd to never reject email?

Jef Driesen jefdriesen at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 4 09:33:44 UTC 2020

On 28/03/2020 11:33, Jef Driesen wrote:
> I'm migrating from dspam (which is no longer maintained) to rspamd, and I'm
> running into a few issues.
>
> My setup is a private mail server running dovecot and postfix. Unlike most
> public mail servers, it does not receive mail directly from the internet. Most
> email is retrieved with fetchmail from various external mailboxes. Thus,
> features like rejecting mail or greylisting makes no sense, because the mail has
> already been accepted elsewhere. How can I disable them? Basically I want to
> configure rspamd to only add headers and never reject any email. The headers are
> needed to move spam to the junk folder with a sieve script.
>
> I also don't have a real domain name, and use a fake one (home.lan) on my
> internal network. Are there any other things I should watch out for in this kind
> of setup? Are there any modules that I should disable? My previous dspam based
> setup does only Bayesian classification, and not any of the more advanced
> features that rspamd supports.

I've noticed that in my setup legitimate emails get a higher spam score due to:

    FORGED_RECIPIENTS(2.00)[username at isp.tld,jef at home.lan];

I suspect that's because of my fake domain name? How can I avoid this?

The original recipient of the email is indeed username at isp.tld. After retrieving
it with fetchmail from the mailbox at my ISP, it is delivered to my local
mailserver as jef at home.lan:

	by server.home.lan with IMAP (fetchmail-6.4.0.beta4)
	for <jef at home.lan> (single-drop); Sat, 04 Apr 2020 10:33:16 +0200 (CEST)

Do I need to whitelist my fake domain somehow to avoid this kind of problems?

Jef