[Rspamd-Users] Message size limiting in rpsamd

Tim Harman tim at muppetz.com
Mon May 6 19:34:51 UTC 2019

On 07/05/2019 6:12 am, Sophie Loewenthal wrote:

> I give up. Please disregard my question. Clearly its not what folk
> want me to ask. I’ll work it myself.
>
> Had also wanted to use rspamd in another way without a milter, but I
> think I will find a way with /usr/bin/rspamc learn_spam and using find
> to limit the input to this.

No need to sulk.  If someone posted on a car mailing list "Hey I want to
drive my car down the road without tires what's the best way to do this"
you're probably going to get a lot of "What the hell?" and a lot less
"Have you tried train tracks?"

The problem is that we don't understand what you're trying to achieve.

Normal mail flow logic (which is what most of us aim to apply) dictates
that if you're going to accept a mail at the MTA level, to then be
scanned, you don't then want to cause the milter to fail because the
message is too large.  It seems pointless - why accept a mail of size X
only to reject/ignore it because it's greater than size Y.

Anyway, to answer to your question, I'm 99% sure that rspamd has no such
function, for exactly the reason above.

Probably a better way to approach it is to explain what you're actually
trying to achieve and people might be able to offer a better
suggestion/solution.

Chin up :)

Tim