[Rspamd-Users] 'X-Spam: Yes' is added to some messages that have lesser score than spam threshold

Yasuhiro KIMURA yasu at utahime.org
Sun Feb 10 20:23:48 UTC 2019

From: Yasuhiro KIMURA <yasu at utahime.org>
Subject: Re: [Rspamd-Users] 'X-Spam: Yes' is added to some messages that have lesser score than spam threshold
Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2019 10:35:07 +0900 (JST)

>> Also looks like the message might already have a X-Spam header when it
>> arrives:
>>
>>     SPAM_FLAG(0.00)[];
>>
>> I don't think Rspamd would detect its own flag.
>
> 'Milter headers module' Document says as following.

> remove_upstream_spam_flag (1.7.1+)
>
> Set false to keep pre-existing spam flag added by an upstream spam
> filter (default true). Enables remove-spam-flag.
>
> So if the message already have 'X-Spam' header when it arrived, it
> should be removed by Rspamd on my home server. But
>
>>     SPAM_FLAG(0.00)[];
>
> This seems to indicate that Rspamd detected 'X-Spam' header in the
> message in question. Then is it means that actual behavior of Rspamd
> is different from the one described in document and 'X-Spam' header
> added by upstream isn't removed by default?

I checked git repository in GitHub and found following commits.

[Fix] Milter_headers: Fix remove_upstream_spam_flag and modernise config
https://github.com/rspamd/rspamd/commit/dfe72148b895463ef139163a6a0d17a20f39700c

So this is bug of Rspamd. Since it was committed on Dec 13 2018 it is
not included in version 1.8.3. As a workaround I added
'use = ["remove-spam-flag"];' in local.d/milter_headers.conf and now
'X-Spam' header added by upstream is removed from messages.

---
Yasuhiro KIMURA