[Rspamd-Users] Kaspersky Anti Virus with rspamd

Rob Gunther redrob at gmail.com
Tue Aug 6 14:48:02 UTC 2019

I have been able to get it working, using the ICAP interface of Kaspersky
Web Traffic Security 6.0.  To connect it to Rspamd, I used the External
Services module.

I wrote about it on this board a week or two ago.  Out of the box Kasperky
was not returning the correct ICAP headers.  Kaspersky's tech support and
purchasing process was a total nightmare.

I've also got a couple 'issues' with the product, the main one being that
it will 'clean' some of the infections it finds.   Once it cleans the
infected files, it reports it back to Rspamd as being clean when in reality
it is not because Rspamd is just using the reply from the software and not
any clean version of the file.  So some infections actually make it past
this setup, because Kasperky considers them clean.

There is probably some way to turn that 'feature' off but I can't find it,
it is certainly not documented and their support sucks.

We have a couple of AV scanners connected to Rspamd, so if Kaspersky lets a
few viruses through hopefully the other scanners stop them.