[Rspamd-Users] RECEIVED_SPAMHAUS_FAIL(0.00) when own Spamhaustech.com account is specified

Tim Harman tim at muppetz.com
Sun Apr 7 22:46:21 UTC 2019

On 08/04/2019 8:33 am, Sophie Loewenthal wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I saw this in emails:
>
>  RECEIVED_SPAMHAUS_FAIL(0.00)[145.246.109.94.zen.spamhaus.org:query
> timed out]
>
> I have this configured:
> # cat rbl.conf
> rbls {
>    psbl {
>       rbl = "psbl.surriel.com";
>       symbol = "RCVD_IN_PSBL";
>    }
>    spamhaus {
>        rbl = "xxxxxxxxxxxxx.zen.dq.spamhaus.net";
>    }
>    spamhaus_xbl {
>        rbl = "xxxxxxxxxxxxx.zen.dq.spamhaus.net";
>    }
>
> }
>

> Local DNS resolves just fine:
> # dig +short 2.0.0.127.xxxxxxxxxxxxx.zen.dq.spamhaus.net
> 127.0.0.10
> 127.0.0.4
> 127.0.0.2
> #
>

> Used to work, but guess I only recently noticed with rspamd 1.9.1
>
> Is this rbl.conf configuration still valid, or should it be set
> another way?  Or should the public spamhaus RBLs be disabled in rspamd
> and the commerial RBLs be specifically allowed?
>
> Regards.

you're getting the fail on the public service (notice it doesn't have
the dq in the domain name)
Are you querying against a public DNS server? Or sending so many queries
per day that you'd get blacklisted anyway?
I think you do need to disable the public querying against the standard
Zen and ensure only your private query thing is being used.

That's a guess though - I don't have a cool secret squirrel Spamhaus
account :)

Tim