[Rspamd-Users] share data

Tim Harman tim at muppetz.com
Fri Apr 5 00:09:05 UTC 2019

What do you mean?

If you have 10 rspamd servers, all talking to the same REDIS instance,
they are essentially "sharing data between systems".  One rspamd writes
a message it sees as spam to the BAYES database in REDIS, the next
rspamd instance that contacts REDIS to check if it's BAYES spam or not
will get the benefit of the previous message that was marked as spam.

Greylisting writes to the REDIS database too.  So greylisting
information is shared between all rspamd instances.

So I'm sorry but your question doesn't make any sense to me.

Are you talking about some sort of system where rspamd doesn't use
REDIS, but instead all rspamd instances maintain their own internal
database and, somehow, share some parts of that database with each
other? Because that's bonkers :-) That's exactly what you separate out
the database function to REDIS to give you exactly that functionality.

Does that answer the question, or did I misunderstand it?

Kind Regards,

Tim