[Rspamd-Users] learn by sending to alias

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Thu Dec 13 14:04:46 UTC 2018

I want to enable users to learn messages. I've setup the recommendation of
using a sieve operation when moving to/from spam folder. But this works
only when using IMAP or webmail.

I also want to provide users a way to simply send the spam/ham in from
their mail program. Like described here:
https://rspamd.com/doc/tutorials/migrate_sa.html

What exactly gets learned then? Does it learn headers as well? This would
learn the wrong headers then. Wouldn't it?
There are several ways how messages get forwarded and how different mail
programs offer to forward. Users most often do not have a choice of a
specific format.
Should I put a filter script between the alias and rspamc to make it more
"digestable" for rspamc? If so, did somebody already create a script for
that?

I made a simple test by sending a spam message, only the few text lines it
had, to the alias and it got learned. Then I learned those few text lines
via web interface and it got learned again. I tried a second time via web
interface and then it refused as "already learned". So, apparently the
learning via alias learned different content then what I inserted in the
web interface. Did it learn header+text in contrast to just text that I
had copied in?

What's the best practice to get this working most hassle-free?

Thinks,

Kai