[Rspamd-Users] Avast antivirus - IO timeout

Tomasz Kaźmierczak tkazmierczak at man.poznan.pl
Tue Mar 19 10:36:21 UTC 2024

W dniu 15.03.2024 o 16:42, Carsten Rosenberg pisze:
> Your configuration for avast cannot work. And here is why: There is an
> old Avast plugin (w/o rest-api usage) which seem never was documented.
>
> And there was a new one which was never merged into the main code:
>
> https://github.com/rspamd/rspamd/pull/4284
>
> We agreed to rework it a bit an then ...
>
> But the documentation was merged into rspamd.com :-/

Yes, I am a documentation believer.

It may be integrated someday when this merge-4284 is ready for production.

and documentation should also be improved for avast {...} and
avast_rest{...}

It would be great.

> Here is what you can try now:
>
> Use the old plugin by trying to set server to the unix socket of the
> scanner:
>

> avast {
>
>   symbol = "AVAST_VIRUS";
>   servers = "/var/run/avast/scan.sock";
>   tmpdir = '/tmp'
>
> }
>
> tmpdir must be accessable by both services.

I add this old style avast config and it works, thanks.

> Or you integrate the code from the PR above. We are also use it in
> production.
>
> But then need to add type = "avast_rest"; to the config section.

I would prefer for officiall release, i am not a RSPAMD expert

> And for the Atlant. Its strange that there seems to be no valid
> options reply (as its a must have in thr RFC). The old F-Secure ICAP
> was pretty good. Maybe only your URL (scheme).
>
> Have you got any reply from F-Secure?

"To update you, I checked your query further with a Product Expert and
we have decided to escalate your case to R&D... "

They talk to me twice, I send them logs and configuration.

I may create a new message on the Atlant Integration (ICAP) list?

Kazix