[Rspamd-Users] Problems with dmarc reports

Albrecht Backhaus albrecht.backhaus at gmail.com
Sat Mar 2 16:05:51 UTC 2024

Hi there

I try to setup dmarc reporting properly. I followed the description on
https://rspamd.com/doc/modules/dmarc.html

When executing |rspamadm dmarc_report|I do get a bunch of error messages
(partially redacted for privacy reasons) in the terminal:

> Couldn't send mail for github.com: error on stage connect: IO read
> error while trying to read data: Connection refused
> Couldn't send mail for xxxx.de: error on stage connect: IO read error
> while trying to read data: Connection refused
> Couldn't send mail for yyyyy.de: error on stage connect: IO read error
> while trying to read data: Connection refused
> Couldn't send mail for zzzzzz.com: error on stage connect: IO read
> error while trying to read data: Connection refused
> Couldn't send mail for xxx-yyyyy.com: error on stage connect: IO read
> error while trying to read data: Connection refused
> Couldn't send mail for zzzz.domain.tld: error on stage connect: IO
> read error while trying to read data: Connection refused
> Reporting collection has finished 1 dates processed, 6 reports: 0
> completed, 6 failed

I then tried to find any related log entries in the rspamd logs in
general or in any other system log or mail log. There is nothing to find
which is related to the mentioned issue.

I am now looking for advice to understand what the error messages really
mean and where I can start to solve the obviously existing problem.

My second problem is that the docs say:

> Starting from Rspamd 3.0, the recommended way to send DMARC reports is
> to use the|rspamadm dmarc_report|command with cron or systemd timers.
> Depending on the amount of traffic, this should be scheduled either
> daily or hourly.
When I try to execute |rspamadm dmarc_report|a second time at the same
day (it was today) I do get the message: "No reports for 20240301" It
seems that the described command tries to execute all reports for the
previous day in a single run and after that the data for theses reports
are somehow gone.  I have not seen any chance to set up anything related
to this. So if that is true it would not make sense to run this command
on a hourly base.  Am I missing or misunderstanding something ?

Any help is highly appreciated.

Regards, Albrecht