[Rspamd-Users] First Time: DKIM Signing Only

Allen, Norton T. allen at huarp.harvard.edu
Mon Jan 22 21:28:23 UTC 2024

Guess why? I've been putting DKIM signing off for too long.

I've spent the past couple days poring over the rspamd documentation
(and the DKIM, ARC, DMARC,  and Google doc). I just threw together my
best guess at the configuration I think would work, including:

  * /etc/rspamd/local.d/arc.conf: closely following the example here
    <https://rspamd.com/doc/modules/arc.html>
  * /etc/rspamd/local.d/dkim_signing.conf: closely following the example
    here <https://rspamd.com/doc/modules/dkim_signing.html>
  * /etc/rspamd/rspamd.conf.local: closely following the FAQ here
    <https://rspamd.com/doc/faq.html#can-i-just-sign-messages-using-dkim>

I have two domains, and I listed them explicitly in the arc.conf and
dkim_signing.conf, so no maps.

I tested with the command recommended in the FAQ above:

    rspamc --header="settings-id=dkim" message.eml

using a couple different example emails, one inbound, one outbound. In
each case, the result was "Action: no action".

I am of course not sure what I should expect to see, and would be happy
to hear any suggestions on the best way to test and/or fix my
configuration. I reviewed the logs, and I did not see anything that
looked like a problem.

I will be integrating with postfix, but I'd like to test rspamd
separately first if possible.

I do have a question about the settings module. I see two different
suggestions that seem similar:

  * The one from the FAQ
    <https://rspamd.com/doc/faq.html#can-i-just-sign-messages-using-dkim>
  * The one from the DKIM signing
    <https://rspamd.com/doc/modules/dkim_signing.html#optimize-signing-only-mode>

These differ in what keywords are involved, and it isn't clear to me how
those are selected. In the FAQ the settings are 'sign_id',
'sign_authenticated' and 'sign_networks', but under DKIM signing, it's
just 'dkim_signing'. Do I perhaps need both?