[Rspamd-Users] Things I don't understand yet

christian usenet at schani.com
Fri Feb 16 15:26:50 UTC 2024

I'm not entirely sure about that either.
The docs say - "If a map matches, no filters will be processed for a
message."

https://rspamd.com/doc/modules/multimap.html#pre-filter-maps

That would make the scores superfluous since no further testing takes
place anyway. So the action seems to be important in connection with
prefilter.
I would just
map = "//etc/rspamd/local.d/from_whitelist.map"; with
map = "/etc/rspamd/local.d/from_whitelist.map"; substitute.

Am 16.02.2024 um 15:06 schrieb G.W. Haywood:

> It's my inderstanding that you should use scores, not actions, to
> control behaviour and that the use of 'prefilter' without a full
> understanding of the way rspamd configuration works is a bad idea.
> I guess if you have to ask the question then it must be a bad idea.
>
> I'm only parroting this advice:
>
> https://lists.rspamd.com/pipermail/users/2021-March/001990.html

Pretty confusing. Nothing is quite clear about the matter.

> and I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.
>
>> Thanks for this awesome piece of software!
>
> Don't blame me, I only work here. ;)

trial and error

Christian