[Rspamd-Users] Things I don't understand yet

G.W. Haywood rspamd at jubileegroup.co.uk
Fri Feb 16 14:06:32 UTC 2024

Hi there,

On Fri, 16 Feb 2024, Tino Hendricks via Users wrote:

> if I have
>
> rspamadm configdump
> --
>    SENDER_FROM_WHITELIST {
>        action = "accept";
>        type = "from";
>        map = "//etc/rspamd/local.d/from_whitelist.map";
>        prefilter = true;
>    }
> --
>
> shouldn’t this suffice for the from_whitelist.map to act on an incoming mail before any other module hits?

It's my inderstanding that you should use scores, not actions, to
control behaviour and that the use of 'prefilter' without a full
understanding of the way rspamd configuration works is a bad idea.
I guess if you have to ask the question then it must be a bad idea.

I'm only parroting this advice:

https://lists.rspamd.com/pipermail/users/2021-March/001990.html

and I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

> Thanks for this awesome piece of software!

Don't blame me, I only work here. ;)

--

73,
Ged.