[Rspamd-Users] Incorrect user rights

Gerald Galster list+rspamd at gcore.biz
Thu Feb 8 18:40:25 UTC 2024

[As per convention post your reply below other answers please]

> If I switch off spamassasin or spamd, will rspamd still perform a Bayes check on the email content?

Rspamd includes a very capable bayesian filter:
https://rspamd.com/doc/configuration/statistic.html

If you have logging enabled you will see BAYES_SPAM and BAYES_HAM symbols/scores.

For bayes to work there needs to be a certain amount of spam/ham messages.
In case your rspamd is running for some time already there might be enough data,
e.g. blacklists that add to the score so that it's high enough to autolearn as spam.

https://rspamd.com/doc/configuration/statistic.html#autolearning

Otherwise you could train the bayes database:
https://rspamd.com/doc/faq.html#how-can-i-learn-messages

This is quite old, but nevertheless ...
https://rspamd.com/misc/2016/10/14/bayes-performance.html

So if you did not disable bayes filtering and if there is enough data available, it will work.

Best regards,
Gerald