[Rspamd-Users] HOWTO: get module fuzzy_check running

Michael Grimm trashcan at ellael.org
Fri Apr 19 17:17:40 UTC 2024

Hi,

this is rspamd 3.8.4, redis 7.2.4, dovecot 2.3.21, and postfix 3.9.0 (milter) running in a jail with FreeBSD 14-STABLE as host.

This setup has been running for years now, but only recently ;-) I noticed that I am blocked regarding fuzzy_check:

	FUZZY_BLOCKED(0.00)[rspamd.com];

Both of my servers are privately used by a handful users and show very low amounts of mail. Thus I do qualify for free usage of the feeds [1]

But before contacting rspamd.com <http://rspamd.com/> as advertised in [1], I would like to understand, if my setup of rspamd isn't the cause for becoming blocked sometimes during the last years.

I do run rspamd with only a few modifications in 'rspamd/local.d':

#) arc and dkim_signing
#) logging.inc (syslog, info level, enable debugging for fuzzy_check module)
#) milter_headers.conf
#) multimap.conf (whitelisting internal IPs and some sending 'from' headers)
#) options.inc (local_addrs and control_socket)
#) redis.conf (servers as socket)
#) worker-controller.inc (bind_socket and secure_ip)
#) worker-normal.inc (disabled)
#) worker-proxy.inc (milter, bind_socket, self-scan mode)
and
#) fuzzy_check.conf (whitelist local IPs, nothing else)

Here are my questions I cannot answer after reading the documentation and searching the internet:

#) What does 'servers = "round-robin:fuzzy1.rspamd.com:11335,fuzzy2.rspamd.com:11335";' [2] in 'rspamd/modules/fuzzy_check.conf mean:

   +) Is my rspamd instance checking hashes of a given mail at these servers using UDP at remote port 11335?
   or
   +) Is my rspamd instance using these servers, protocol and ports to download hashes on a regular basis?

#) If I do *not* want to teach fuzzy storage, I do not need to touch the default worker-fuzzy.inc?

#) Does one need to configure the lua module fuzzy_collect, and if so, how?
   rspamd[43350]: <3j8qks>; cfg; rspamd_config_is_module_enabled: lua module fuzzy_collect is enabled but has not been configured

Thanks in advance and regards,
Michael

[1] https://rspamd.com/doc/usage_policy.html
[2] both servers do use the very same IP address. Is this on purpose?