[Rspamd-Users] Regexp rules in maps or somewhere else

Peter Reinhold peter_rspamd at reinhold.dk
Sat Sep 30 15:52:06 UTC 2023

On 2023-09-30 16:21, Vsevolod Stakhov wrote:

> In fact, Rspamd multimap plugin can now use `dynamic_symbols` so it can
> insert new symbols that are not in the static configuration.
>
> Dynamic loading of lua files is dangerous and is almost ultimately a
> bad idea in general indeed (`halting problem` comes first out of my
> mind here).

Is this documented somewhere?

Reading the multimap docs, https://rspamd.com/doc/modules/multimap.html,
dynamic symbols is not mentioned, unless "Multiple symbol maps" are
this?

Dynamic symbols are mentioned in
https://rspamd.com/doc/faq.html#why-do-some-symbols-have-different-scores-for-different-messages
but there are no documentation on how a server operator can use them.

I'm still not entirely sure it is possible to mimic the same thing I am
doing, with a symbol only triggering on multiple regexp hits.

What would be really nice is if you could trigger the same symbol
multiple times, and then having a score take the number of times the
symbol has triggered into account, maybe with some form of scaling.
(This is what I am ultimately looking for :)

---
Peter Reinhold