[Rspamd-Users] Rejecting TLDs

Daniel, Sebastian s.daniel at q-mex.net
Thu May 4 07:08:41 UTC 2023

Please distinguish between spam and bulk.

60% of our spam messages get stuck at certain "helo" restrictions.
The remaining 35% of spam clients only try to relay or don't even make it past our first spam trap which only checks for blacklists @spamhaus. The remaining 5% then actually visit rspamd and get stuck there at "factory settings".

The thing that causes trouble and also keeps rspamd and the admin busy are bulk emails.
In most cases the users have subscribed to these themselves (unknowingly) and are then annoyed by the advertising. Instead of pressing the "unsubscribe" button, the mail admin is threatened with trouble.
The admin then goes along and simply blocks everything to have his own peace.
That this leads to the fact that valid emails hang and at the end perhaps important orders are lost (only because the client has @domain.net as TLD). But that doesn't matter, because the SPAM statistics are finally "green".

In the end, persistent clients and own users will switch to a freemail address to be able to communicate with each other.
Very good work, mail admin! *irony

Correct would be to sensitize the users to unsubscribe bulk emails and even as admin to rather go by the principle "better one bulk email too many than to be unreachable for valid communication".