[Rspamd-Users] Raspberry Pi 64 bit Bullseye rspamd package

Vsevolod Stakhov vsevolod at rspamd.com
Sat Jan 14 13:19:12 UTC 2023

Hello,

On 14/01/2023 08:53, Martin Brampton via Users wrote:
> Thanks Ged. Am I to conclude that attempting to run rspamd on Raspberry
> Pi is crazy? It's certainly cost me quite a lot of hassle so far.
>
> That would seem a pity as an 8gb RPi is quite powerful enough to run a
> mail server for a small group of people, and much cheaper than any
> practical alternative.
>
> Why the hostility to Debian packages - most software in Debian repos is
> very robust.
>

> On 13/01/2023 16:26, G.W. Haywood via Users wrote:
>> The build produced rspamd_3.4_arm64.deb which is about 3.3 MBytes.  If
>> you were crazy enough to want to try to install it you'd be welcome to
>> have a copy of it but I'd recommend that you try to build it yourself,
>> and ask for help here if you run into any trouble.

To clarify, I am not anyhow 'hostile' to Debian provided packages,
however, there were some serious issues with them in the past.

Initially, Rspamd was packaged by Mikhail Gusarov and we had a
productive collaboration, as we worked **together** to make Rspamd
packages to satisfy both user experience and Debian packages standards.
However, when he was unable to continue maintainership, the packages
were not updated or fixed in the official Debian repos. I made my own
packages and recommended users to use them instead. Later, others
attempted to support Rspamd in Debian without consulting me, resulting
in missing functionality and incorrect dependencies. While the current
situation has improved, I still recommend using the packages provided by
Rspamd as they are kept up-to-date and include important patches that
may be missing from other packages.