[Rspamd-Users] rspamd error "cannot serialize hyperscan cache to ..."

Phil Stracchino phils at caerllewys.net
Fri Feb 24 21:42:29 UTC 2023

On 2/24/23 10:07, Phil Stracchino wrote:
> minbar:root:~:3 # rc-service rspamd checkconfig
> rspamd                    |cannot serialize hyperscan cache to
> /var/lib/rspamd//a34e4baa3c5bce43b54345d39b79976f8689089de6660d7ef4f957f50db810ba.hsmp.tmp:
> No such file or directory
> rspamd                    |fatal error: cannot allocate scratch space
> for hyperscan: -5
> rspamd                    |/etc/init.d/rspamd: line 33: 26040 Aborted
>                ${command_rspamadm} configtest > /dev/null

Upon due consideration, I created a temporary directory
/var/lib/hyperscan-old and moved all of the .hs* and .map files from
/var/lib/rspamd there, deleted rspamd.sock, and then started rspamd.  It
started up cleanly and RECREATED all of the files I'd moved.  So I'm
assuming that this was the correct action and I *don't actually need*
the old ones, and can blow away /var/lib/hyperscan-old.  Is this correct?

Many of the new files were created owned by root:root instead of
rspamd:rspamd, even though rspamd is running as user rspamd.  Is this a
problem?  Should I chmod them rspamd:rspamd?

--
   Phil Stracchino
   Babylon Communications
   phils at caerllewys.net