[Rspamd-Users] Combined Multimap Regexp not working

Benjamin Weik Benjamin.Weik at core-backbone.com
Wed Sep 21 14:11:03 UTC 2022

I'm trying to write a multimap rule to filter out a combination of sender & receiver email addresses.
Like we're getting a lot of spam from emails like marketing1 at domain.tld or like any combination of marketing.*@.* to a specific email address which distributes company wide.

So I made a combined rule which works as long as I enter the full address into the map. If I try wildcards or regex, it's not matching and I cannot figure out why.

Here is the rule:

COMBINED_MAP_AND {
        type = "combined";
        prefilter = true;
        action = reject;
        score = 9;
        regexp = true;
        rules {
                sender = {
                        map = "$LOCAL_CONFDIR/local.d/combined_email_blacklist_sender.map";
                        selector = "from:addr.lower";
                        regexp = true;
                }
                receiver = {
                        map = "$LOCAL_CONFDIR/local.d/combined_email_blacklist_receiver.map";
                        selector = "rcpts:addr.lower";
        expression = "sender & receiver"
}

And in the sender map I tried various stuff:

/marketing.*/gi
marketing.*
regexp:/marketing/gi
marketing at example.com

I've also tried adding :regexp to the selector to no avail.

How can I achieve regex functionality in the rule?

BR,

Benjamin