[Rspamd-Users] force_actions not working as expected

Ronny Seffner r.seffner at seffner-schlesier.de
Sat Sep 10 09:03:15 UTC 2022

Hello,

I've added an icap service in local.d/external_services.conf as follows setting the symbol ICAP_VIRUS - and with eicar test signature it is working.

icap {
  servers = "127.0.0.1:1344"
  symbol = "ICAP_VIRUS";
  type = "icap";
  scheme = "scan";
  user_agent = "r-spam-d"
}

Now I don't like viruses to only higher the score - i'ld like to change the subject. As I read in docs, I've to use local.d/force_actions.conf to force an action depending on an symbol. I tried the follwing:

VIRUS_EXCEPTION {
  action = "rewrite subject";
  expression = "ICAP_VIRUS";
  subject = "*** VIRUS-Verdacht *** %s";
  message = "Rejected due to suspicion of virus";
#  require_action = ["no action", "greylist", "reject", "add header", "rewrite subject"];
}

As you can see, I also tried to make this action an post-action (commenting out require_action). But no subject is rewritten. I also tried action = "reject" without success.

I checked if mentioned config snippets were ok using rspamadm configtest and rspamadm configdump.

Did you have any hint how to force subject rewriting when en symbol ist set?

regards
  Ronny Seffner