[Rspamd-Users] RBL non-RFC response

Tobias Westerhever tobias.westerhever at skyline.link38.eu
Mon Oct 17 06:13:21 UTC 2022

Hi,

> Looking to use an RBL that does not return a standard 127.x.x.x response, instead, it
> returns the IP address you queried as a positive result, I have not been able to figure
> out how to tell rspamd return codes this or if it is even possible.

out of curiosity: Which RBL is that?

With regards to the DNSWL example on https://rspamd.com/doc/modules/rbl.html#rbl-specific-parameters,
I imagine you could do something like

    some_rbl {
      symbol = "SOME_RBL";
      rbl = "rbl.fqdn.example.com";
      checks = ["from"];
      returncodes = {
        SOME_RBL_BAD = "%d+.%d+.%d+.%d+";

for IPv4. Unless the RBL service always "explodes" IPv6 addresses to their fullest
extend (for which you could mock a generic response in a similar way), I have no idea
how to deal with IPv6 listings by such an RBL.

Best,
Tobias