[Rspamd-Users] Scan time

G.W. Haywood rspamd at jubileegroup.co.uk
Wed Jun 29 13:40:21 UTC 2022

Hi there,

As I said in my reply to your earlier post:

>> If you think there's a problem, you need to say why you think that.

Yes, scanning time is increased if you do more work in the scanning.
That should be no surprise to anyone.  It is not a "problem".

You have not yet explained your problem.  For example, it might be
that you are trying to process thousands of messages per second but
that with the system you have implemented you can only process
hundreds of messages per second.  That would qualify as a problem.
The timeout on mail transfers is typically a few days.  That a mail
message might take 3.6 seconds longer to reach its destination than
would be the case if it weren't scanned is not what I would consider
to be a problem.

Please explain why you maintain that the scanning time is a problem
for you.  In case it isn't clear, multiple messages will (usually) be
processed in parallel, so you cannot calculate the maximum throughput
of your mail system simply by taking the reciprocal of the average
message processing time.

If scanning IS creating a bottleneck you need to demonstrate it by
providing some evidence.

> Is there any provision to mirror the RSPAMD lists locally? We can
> help with the Hardware if required.

This appears to me to be an example of an XY problem:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XY_problem

It seem to me that you have made some assumptions.  Please explain
what they are, why you have made them, and why you believe that a
local mirror might help you.  Until you do that I can't help more.

--

73,
Ged.