[Rspamd-Users] rate limit and mail delivery reports

Christos Chatzaras chris at cretaforce.gr
Tue Sep 21 07:42:45 UTC 2021

> On 21 Sep 2021, at 10:13, Wiethoff, Helge <helge.wiethoff at thga.de> wrote:
>
> Hi Christos,
>
> Am Montag, dem 20.09.2021 um 23:56 +0300 schrieb Christos Chatzaras:
>> Finally I made some changes to my setup to be able to use 'user.lower' selector.
>
> Could you be so kind and post your changes? :-)
>
> Best
> Helge

My setup was:

1) For my servers I was using rspamd only for smtp and not for submission. So I was scanning incoming messages on the servers and not outgoing.

2) Outgoing e-mails were forwarded to two relays that do the final delivery. In these relays I was using rspamd to check outgoing e-mails.

My new setup is:

1) My servers do rspamd checks for both smtp and for submission. So I scan both incoming and outgoing messages on the server level.

2) Outgoing e-mails are forwarded to two relays but as e-mails already scanned on the server level I remove scanning at the relay level.

With my old setup and "from.lower" selector rate limiting was enabled in both incoming and outgoing e-mails which caused me this issue with mail delivery reports when this limit hit for incoming e-mails.

With these changes all scanning is done in the server level and by using "user.lower" instead of "from.lower" I have rate limiting enabled only for outgoing e-mails and not for incoming e-mails.