[Rspamd-Users] match null sender

Jesse Norell jesse at kci.net
Tue Oct 5 22:25:45 UTC 2021

Hello,

  Does anyone have a tip for matching a null envelope sender?

  If useful, the full context in which I need it is a combined rule for
the multimap module, eg. in multimap.conf if I have:

LOCAL_FORGED_FROM {
  description "Spoof as local domain.";
  type="combined";
  rules {
    local_smtp_from = {
      map = "$LOCAL_CONFDIR/local.d/maps.d/local_domains.inc";
      selector = "from('smtp'):domain";
    }
    local_mime_from = {
      map = "$LOCAL_CONFDIR/local.d/maps.d/local_domains.inc";
      selector = "from('mime'):domain";
  expression = "local_mime_from & !local_smtp_from";
  score = 1.0;
}

This works to catch a random sender spoofing our domain in From:
header, but it also matches on a null sender, which could be part of
mail delivery notifications and such, so seems like that should be
avoided.

Thanks

--
Jesse Norell