[Rspamd-Users] Regex in Multimap does not work

Vsevolod Stakhov vsevolod at rspamd.com
Tue Nov 30 12:57:19 UTC 2021

Hello,

Please refrain from top posting: this list uses bottom posting for replies.

On 30/11/2021 12:24, Andreas Wass - Glas Gasperlmair wrote:
> i did a few tests and in this article
> https://rspamd.com/doc/modules/multimap.html#regexp-maps
> is a link to
>
> http://intel.github.io/hyperscan/dev-reference/compilation.html#pattern-support
>
> and below "Supported Constructs" are also anchors ^ and $
>
> so why does these expressions not matching to following line
>
> Subject: Re:
>
> /Subject: Re:\z/ MY_OWN_SYMBOL:8
> or
> /Subject: Re:$/ MY_OWN_SYMBOL:8
> or
> /^Subject: Re:$/ MY_OWN_SYMBOL:8
>
> the following applies, but also if there is something after Re:
>
> /Subject: Re:/ MY_OWN_SYMBOL:8
>
> So, how can i match strings with rspamd, ending with in this case "Re:" ?
>
> best regards, Andi

As I have said previously, your problem is that you are using an
incorrect map type. I don't have enough time to explain your error in
more details, I'm afraid. Just change the type or wait for someone else
to explain why your map does not work.