[Rspamd-Users] Question about composite rules

Marcel Menzel mail at mcl.gg
Sun Jan 3 15:32:48 UTC 2021

Hello List,

I have the following composite rule to add a score to mails originating
from freemail accounts, but not for receiving them from a mailing list:

FREEMAIL_INVOLVED {
  expression = "(FREEMAIL_FROM | FREEMAIL_ENVFROM | FREEMAIL_REPLYTO |
FREEMAIL_CC) & (! CUSTOM_WHITELIST_SENDER_DOMAIN_MAILLIST | ! MAILLIST)"
  score = 3.0;
  policy = "leave";
}

Some mailinglists are not being detected by rspamd, so I made the
"CUSTOM_WHITELIST_SENDER_DOMAIN_MAILLIST" multimap.

Now, when a mail from an undetected mailinglist from a freemail sender
arrives in rspamd, it still triggers the "FREEMAIL_INVOLVED" symbol
while the mail itself has the "CUSTOM_WHITELIST_SENDER_DOMAIN_MAILLIST"
symbol set aswell (MAILLIST is not set):

FREEMAIL_INVOLVED (3)
FREEMAIL_FROM (0) [gmail.com]
CUSTOM_WHITELIST_SENDER_DOMAIN_MAILLIST (0) [formilux.org]

Am I hitting a bug here or am I missing something out?

Thanks & kind regards,

Marcel Menzel